Friday, March 16, 2012

and then a little King was born.

When I was born we lived on the West Coast. Near all of my Cousins. We would spend summer times at our Grandparents place in Birch Bay, learning to swim and riding all of the obscure bikes that were around. Christmases, Thanksgivings, Easters, Birthdays, I can remember sharing all of these times with my whole family.

When I was 8 we moved to Kelowna. I was excited, though I think deep down I knew I would miss my extended family. When I look back now I had no idea just HOW much.

I have the best cousins in the world. Just for the record. The best Aunties, and the best Uncles too. 

I've missed having them close when my kids were born, I've missed them at Holidays when I know they are all together, and sometimes I just miss them for no reason at all other than I love them to bits!

As we have grown up and some of us have new families all of our own, we have tried to stay close. Visiting when we can, texting, sending pictures, whatever it might take.

I enjoy my trips down there so much and it makes me smile to hear Karleigh randomly say now and again "remember when we went to the Farm mom??" I know that she loves them all just as much as I do :) 

With busy lives for all of us though I really am SO appreciative of the visits that have been made to Kelowna as well. Time taken to come to my baby showers, or attend birthdays for my kids, it all means more to me than I think I could ever explain.

I could go on about this forever but THATS not entirely what this is about, and its definitely not about me! Nope, this post is about my cousin. This past December, Ashley gave birth to the sweetest little man whose last name is appropriately "King"

I was such a joy to have Lincoln in our house for a days earlier this month and I hope to see this little sweetheart again very soon! 

Keegan and Karleigh already miss "winky" and talk about him all the time.

xxoo














No comments:

Post a Comment